CMH Nissan Hillcrest thought the following fuel-saving tips may come in handy. We understand how fuel increases can put our clients under financial pressure in this tough economic climate.
· Check your vehicle tyre pressure every two weeks: Checking your tyre pressure frequently will reduce rolling resistance and improve your Nissan’s fuel consumption.
· Use cruise control if your vehicle has this feature: Every time you step on the accelerator it consumes more fuel whereas using setting and using the cruise control, it will keep your vehicle moving at a constant speed without the need of stepping onto the gas pedal.
· Shorten your vehicle idle time to one minute: Many of us were led to believe that it’s better to idle your vehicle for a few minutes before driving it. By doing this only wastes fuel and causes air pollution, it is better to turn your vehicle engine off and start it again when you are ready to move than to leave it idling.
· Consider joining a lift club: Most of us need to commute to work daily and feel the pinch with the current fuel price increases. By joining or creating a lift club you can lessen the burden by sharing the fuel cost.
· Vehicle service: Maintain your vehicle by having the services done when due, new filters and fresh oil helps keep your vehicle engine healthy and fuel-efficient.
Service you Nissan at CMH Nissan Hillcrest, we only use genuine Nissan parts, and our technicians are highly qualified and use the latest electronic diagnostic equipment. Give CMH Nissan Hillcrest a call on 031 763 3121 or visit www.nissanhillcrest.co.za for more details on our brand and monthly specials.